- 1 1/2 cup of mixed grain rice (or rice of choice)
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 cup of miso paste
- 1/4 cup of mirin
- 4 sticks of fried fish cake, sliced
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 5 bunches of bok choy, halved
- 1 1/4 cup (3 oz) of wood ear mushroom (or mushroom of choice)
- 2 bunches of green onion, chopped
- Furikake (optional, for garnish)
- Wash and drain rice. Place in the rice cooker bowl.
- Add the mirin and one cup of water.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the other cup of water, and miso paste. Mix until the paste is dissolved, then add into the rice.
- Add the sliced carrots and mushroom into the rice.
- Choose the appropriate setting (i.e. “Brown Rice” setting for me, as I used a mix of brown, purple, and red rice) to start cooking.
- After 20-25 minutes, when the miso aroma is apparent, add the halved bok choy and chopped fried fish cakes.
- Once the rice cooker is done, mix everything.
- Top with chopped green onion and furikake, and enjoy!